SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
downsouth_gw

Visiting someone in isolation room at hospital

downsouth
20 years ago

My brother is in the hospital in isolation in Florida. He is an alcoholic and has Hepatitis C. I spoke to the head nurse in CCU and he said they have a filter clearing the air, and as long as I wear a mask and gloves, that I "should" be okay but he wouldn't say there's "no risk" involved.

My brother is an alcoholic and was told he has Wilson's disease as well as Tylenol poisoning and my sister told me he also has meningitis bacteria. This scares the h** out of me because while I do want to go see him, I am scared of catching something and bringing it back to my entire family.

There is no family to go see him in Florida, everyone lives in Ohio and Indiana. I am the closest one so was "elected" to go check on him. I will be driving 6 hours to see him for 10 minutes at a time, 3 times a day, and have to leave on Sunday.

The CCU nurse didn't say he was quarantined, he said isolation. Any advice from anyone, maybe someone on here that is in the medical field, to make me feel more at ease about going into an isolation room?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor