Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I just out I'm a diabetic!!!

Posted by robar (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 14:19

I was in the hospital recently for an unrelated matter and I just found out that my blood sugar level is elevated. The doctor put me on two different pills and I have to check my blood twice a day. I'm overweight and have a sedentary job. My goal is to lose much weight and exercise to reverse this. I want to get off the medicine. Comments on this please? Any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I just out I'm a diabetic!!!

Find a video on the you tube channel called Dead Doctors Don't Lie and you just might find your answer

o

exercise is the best solution

o

I do know a couple of people that lost weight & watch what they eat & are off medicine. Want to watch how much fat you eat as that is almost as bad as sugar. Think you have trouble digesting fat so more snack type foods more trouble you will get into, also they are trans-fats so doing more harm.

o

Check this out you might find it interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AfB9OLPcPM&feature=youtu.be

o

Simple carbs are your enemy as they turn into sugar in your body (white potatoes, most breads, pretzels, crackers, pasta, some fruits, cake, cookies...basically all the delicious stuff :-( ). If you get your carbs from complex sources...like veggies...., don't over eat, exercise and lose weight, your blood sugar should come down nicely. I know this is easier said than done, but it will make a difference. Good luck to you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here