Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SSI letter

Posted by babygirlnetta4 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 10, 09 at 12:56

My daughter recieved a ssi letter on yesterday saying " we will review your case to determine if we can make a fully favorable decision without holding a hearing. if we cannot make a decision on the record, we will schedule your case for hearing ". this is crazy because i have been waiting almost 2yrs for a hearing date. what if the decision is not fully favorable, does this means i have to wait another y
ear or so for hearing date?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SSI letter

You might want to consider using an attorney that specializes in SSI.

Good luck

o
RE: SSI letter

First of all, let me confirm something. Are you actually seeking SSI (Supplemental Security Income)? It is designed to help elderly, blind, and/or disabled people, who have little or no income. It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter. OR are you actually referring to SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance)? This is benefits paid to you and certain members of your family if you are "insured," meaning that you worked long enough and paid Social Security taxes. SSDI is NOT based on income like SSI. Knowing which one you are seeking will help a lot.

As is mentioned above, it is very helpful to seek out the help of an attorney who specializes in this matter, especially if you have been working on this for a number of years. Most attorneys do not charge anything upfront to help. Their pay is usually a percentage of the back pay you will get IF you are successful in getting approved. If you are never successful, then they do not get paid. Make sure you confirm the charges upfront and get it in writing.

Below is a link to a message board site that is very helpful when dealing with SSI and SSDI. You can get a lot of your questions answered there. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: EXPERT LAW FORUM - SSDI & SSI

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here