Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Phosoplex for arthritis

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 23, 06 at 11:31

My husband is scheduled for shoulder replacement surgery very soon. His x-ray shows that he has almost no cartilage in his shoulder joint and he is now in chronic pain all the time.

I read about a product calledl Phosoplex which is rated by Consumer Health Digest as the #1 joint support product (Top 25 Joint Support Products). I know nothing about that site.

Has anyone tried it?

Does anyone know about any other treatments that work as these products claim: lubricate the joint, rebuild cartilage, provide measurable pain relief?

My husband is willing to try anything as long as it is safe and gives good results. He might even be willing to make additional dietary changes if he was convinced they would work. We know white sugar and white flour aren't good, but I read a statement somewhere saying that white flour actually contributes to the degeneration of joints.

I tend to be skeptical about alternative treatments and claims about foods reversing the effects of degenerative joint disease, yet some of it makes sense and I'd like to help him find something that would really help.

Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Phosoplex for arthritis

Jenn, it's principle ingredient seems to be Glucosimine, which can (but not always) work wonders. My husband and I have both taken Osteo-Biflex (which is also listed) with very good results. It does take a few weeks to rebuild the cartiledge. Even the doctors OK using glucosimine because it might do worlds of good with no side effects. It certainly would hurt to try it. I don't know what else Phosoplex might have in it. There could be something that would give him trouble. Check it out.

o

Thanks AP. He is taking Move Free now which is also on the list but hasn't noticed any improvement in his shoulder after several weeks of taking it.

So, it really is possible to rebuild cartilage where there currently is almost none at all? I thought that claim was hocus-pocus. Wouldn't it also build cartilage in other joints that don't need it?

The link below at Amazon lists the ingredients. I'm wondering about the intake of copper and boron, he might already be getting those in another supplment so he'll need to be careful about that.

Thanks,
Jen

Here is a link that might be useful: Phosoplex at Amazon

o

I really don't know how it works. But I do know that it has worked magic with men who have torn knee cartledge from old sports (think football!)injuries. It seems to at least form enough within the joint that it allows it to move smoothly. I think it does best on the larger joints. It really helped my hips, but did nothing for my feet and hands.

o

He also has a large bone spur in the shoulder and that is limiting his range of motion. So surgery is in order no matter what he does. I think I will order a bottle of the Phosoplex for him and see how he feels by the time surgery rolls around. The pain is much worse than the limited ROM.

Thanks,
Jen

o

Is it best to take the pills directly before the morning meal? or to take it and wait a while before eating?

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here