Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
foot sprain

Posted by susan_on (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 1, 06 at 10:57

Does anybody know how long it takes for a foot sprain to heal? I fell the other day (Wednesday), and hurt the outside of my foot. They xrayed it, and said it isn't broken, it's a sprain. But I still can't walk on it and it's still too swollen to put a shoe on. Due to previous injuries from an mva, I can't really use crutches (left wrist and right shoulder). I pulled my groin muscle too, but that's healing, it's just the foot that isn't.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: foot sprain

It's still too soon to expect healing. The swelling should soon start to go down and then you can expect the soreness to start going away. Stretch out on the couch with your foot elevated as much as possible. Stay off it as you may just be doing more damage to the muscles, etc. Don't even think about trying to get a shoe on.

o

Wow. I didn't think it would be this big a deal.

o

If you use a cane on the side which is NOT hurt, stepping forward with the cane and the hurt foot at the same time, it reduces the weight on the hurt foot. That might help for when you have to walk.

o

Ok, thanks.

o

Take good care of it now so it heals properly and won't cause problems down the road. Meanwhile, take it easy, put your foot up, and catch up on your reading. :-)

Jen

o

Ok, I'll try. But I have a "restless" type of personality, and staying still isn't easy for me. I will try though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here