Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Losing my voice on my birthday weekend =[

Posted by tazzy_tash (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 08 at 10:47

It all started A few days ago, my voice started to go out. Then Yesterday it went compleltly out! Well not all the way, The only thing i can do isz whiper, and if i stress my voice that kindof works to. I'm upset because this happened on my birthday!! Yeah my 18 birthday was yesterday. N i was with my Friends and couldn't really speak, that made me blue. I couldn't express myself, and be happy like i wanted to. But anywaysz yeah, now i just got warm water and lemon juice, mixed with some theri flu. =] Hope it worksz.

Oh yeah, My throat isn't even SORE!!! I just can't really Talk.

I smoke, will that affect my voice?? I hope it doesn't.

~peace =]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Losing my voice on my birthday weekend =[

Yep, smoking will affect your voice. Heavy smokers usually, but not always, will eventually develop a raspy voice. That's not very appealing.

AND, if it makes any difference to you.....a non-smoker really hates to taste the kiss of a smoker.

o
RE: Losing my voice on my birthday weekend =[

Smoking affect the voice...oh yeah

Kiss of a smoker....blechhhh

Know what I find really gross? Women who have smoked since their teens, and then when they get to be, oh, say 35...they get these thin vertical lines on their upper lips and all their lipstick gets up those lines.....nasty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here