SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tornadoman

brain tumor?

tornadoman
17 years ago

My story> Aug18 2006.I went to My fam.M.D.because I had been having trouble pronouncing long words for about a month.I have allways been able to talk fast and use fairly good grammer.He sent Me to get MRI.Results were 11 small tumors,mostly in right side,1 a little larger in left temporal.Was hospitalized,tested and given steroids,only tumors in brain(primary)...Sept18 2006> Found good neurosurgen at Mercy hosp. in Okla.City,did biopsy,test were inconclusive.Sent to John Hopkins,then Mayo clinic,still inconclusive,only evidence of some swelling.Foot drop came a week after biopsy.All test still inconclusive.Nov 2006>Doctor and Me frustated...Try M.S.Doctor,do spinal tap,M.S. says maybe M.S. not typical symtpons though.But gotta do something.So injecting myself 3 times a week with Rebif(M.S.meds)and regular blood tests everything normal on blood tests So apptoment on May7 2007 to do MRI se if any change(takes 6 mo. on rebif to tell I guess).In the meantime beetween Nov.and jan. had mild seizure(cant speak at all for 30-45min)so started taking Keppra 250mg.twice a day...no seizures untill March...Big one started like small one ..couldnt speak..but lasted long time and started traveling Though right half of body ..emerg room ...lost conscenses(typo)...hosptital 4 days ..increased meds to 750mg Keppra 300mg dilanton... not elepectic...atypical seizure they say..not a symptom of M.S.It is april 1 2007 ....no siezures yet.Has any1 ever had this kind of thing happen to them ? If so please tell Me if you found out why.Thank you for taking time to read this. My name is Scott Hutson 46yrs old.

Comments (18)

Sponsored