Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Back Ache?

Posted by shwetagarg (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 07 at 2:15

Hello All,
I wanted some suggestions from u all ...my husband is having a real bad back ache every morning after he gets up ..but the pain is for a few mins ...it goes away once he has showered...i know u all must be thinking its our mattaress..but we hav tried sleeping on floor and on other side of mattaress and have also tried keeping the mattaress on floor thinking that box might have saged ...but nothing helped ...
Do u think he is not sleeping right ? is there any kind of excerises tht might be useful ?he is a normal software guy and doesnt have any excercise regime ..
Please help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Back Ache?

Get him on the ground,his feet underneath him. Then have him stretch his arms forward and turn his head to the side. This is an excellent lower back stretch.It should help if he doesnt get much exercise.
Also,laying down in bed,have him pull up gently one leg at a time,bending his knee to his chest and holding it there.

o

wht cud be the reason ...how shud i make him sleep ..
thanks for the stretches..i tried and i surly felt the stretch...

o

Yoga is a best practice for which your spouse must do early and every morning.
my dad is having the same issue he started sleeping on terrace every night in enough oxygen and he wake up early and start doing his yoga for an hour daily.
it took about 1 month and he have seen results..

may be this can cure his problem as well and doing yoga is very effective thing which everyone should do for always being fit..

o

I would not reccoment taking that high of a dose of ibuprofen for a very long time due to the risk of ulcers.

Monring stiffness is a classis symptom of arthritis.

Does he have any other symptoms?

Is he overweight?

Has he injured the area?

How old is your mattress?

Is he a back sleeper, side sleeper?

o

My dh is miserable with back pain. He has me put a heat patch on every night. I know what is wrong, his gut! He will never do exercise of any type, won't even walk with me. He is only maybe 5'6" 220 lbs. suffered from a heart attack years ago. He has a stent & has no problem taking his meds, that's it. I'm so tired of hearing it. That man has no core! He is 58.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here