Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Itchiness from heat or stress? No rash or marks.

Posted by mitchy02 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 07 at 22:36

Lately when it gets somewhat hot or when I get stressed, I get a rush of prickly spikes (that feels like it's poking me) which then I get really itchy all over my body, arms and legs.

What's weird is that I dont get any heat rashes or bumps or red marks. I do get heat rash sometimes when I work out though but this isn't the case.

Anyone know what I'm talking about or a way to get this of this?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Itchiness from heat or stress? No rash or marks.

Hmm...sounds like hives,which I think can be brought on by stress.
When I get very upset,break out in big red blotches all over my chest.They dont itch though and usually go away when I calm down.
I think if you go to the doctor,they can give you something for the itching...maybe even for the stress too.

o
RE: Itchiness from heat or stress? No rash or marks.

mitchy.......are you female? Could you be in perimenopause? You can get funky things like that when your hormones start fluctuating.
Also, be sure to take a multivitamin every day......and be sure to get "B" supplements too. That can affect your sensory stuff.
My neck used to get so itchy, and I discovered that it was dairy products.....especially ice cream, so be aware of what you've eaten in the last 24 hours too.
When I went through perimenopause, I got all sorts of funky neuro stuff........buzzing and tingling in my legs and abdomen, feeling like the top of my scalp was contracting. The B vitamins really helped.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here