SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
libbyliz_gw

'Funny' hip joint pain. ???

LibbyLiz
18 years ago

The first time I experienced the "funny" hip joint pain is when I was skinny & in shape. I went skiing (approximately 1993) & fell while getting off the lift. It felt like my hip joint popped out of place. The pain was like a severe leg cramp in a way & all I could do was wiggle around while on that leg to pop it back into place. The ski lift personnel had to stop the lift & wanted to call ski patrol to get an ambulance to take me to the hospital but I just hissed at them to get away from me & once the joint was back in place I was fine.

But it's happened again since then. Most recently it happened during sex! :oops: And it's happened during exercise.

I always just thought the "joint dislocation" was from having a 9.5 pounder by natural birth & his head getting stuck. I also never saw a doc for it due to such thinking, embarrassment, it not happening all the time & thinking I'd get one of the many "blow off" answers (lose weight, exercise, it's normal, it'll go away...). None of these possible answers work for me though.

Has anyone had this or know of anyone who has had this? Do you know what it's called? Do you know what can be done for it?

Comments (15)

Sponsored