Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
complications after wart removal/ tips please

Posted by seamer1 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 15, 06 at 19:49

I had wart on my thumb,which my Dr. froze of. (planters wart) I decided to try otc wart removal since there are products available otc that also freeze the warts off. I think I "over" froze the area. I have a hard calloused area where the wart used to be, which gets very dry, and sore, and actually peels off. Several layers come off when this happens. The skin grows back, same process repeats. It gets hard, and dry sometimes it gets sore, then it gets ruff and I pick at it til it peels off. This has been going on for well over a year. went to a dermatologist, who thought it was a wart. He cut off the dry callous skin, and used those magnifying lenses, and said there was no wart, but perscribed Halobetasol Propionate, to be applied twice a day. I have been doing this for 4 weeks. No difference in the look and touch of the area, but it is now sore. Otherwise no help. Any opinions about this unusual problem? And what course of action should I now take. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: complications after wart removal/ tips please

Sounds like a cyst of some type, though treatment often involves cryogenics. You are basically frostbitten when treating the warts this way. I would stop picking at it, go back to your doctor or another if you don't like him/her.

I have to wait almost 1.5 hours, on average, to see an exceptional dermatologist. Believe me, I tried others because of the long wait. Tried another dermatologist recently whom I made 4 appointments for same wart in my thumb. He froze w/spray each time, except the 4th time I called back and canceled - he knew his skin ailment terminology and names, but he wasn't about to get the job done. Went back to the other dermatologist mentioned above, 1 trip, q-tip application, and the wart (I had this almost a decade) is gone.

This is one type of doctor, if you know a good one, don't let any less important considerations hold you back.

o

I had the mondo wart from hell on my thumb about 10 years ago, freezing, cauterizing, even excizing finally got it to go away but I still have a thick callosed erea where it was, probably scar tissue, not much you can do about it.

o

I don't know what to do about the scar tissue either, but here is a wart remedy that worked has worked for me twice

Soak the area to soften and then GENTLY "scrape" the wart
Apply some glycerin to the wart
Apply some white vinegar to the pad of a bandaid
Secure bandaid over wart

The wart should be gone within a week with no scar tissue.

I am told that glycerin can be purchased in liquid form, but I always just used shavings from glycerin soap (Neutrogena). This worked for my son after numerous unsuccessful attempts by the doctor to remove it. It worked for me as well. I never even had a doctor look at mine, I went straight for the glyerin/vinegar.

Hopefully you won't get another one, but if you do, try this first.

o

That likely works for shallow, surface type warts. If a wart has any depth on it, it will regenerate faster than the scraping and chemical addition described can destroy the wart.

I do have a little scar from mine which is a fair trade over the irritation, unsightliness and pain when hitting it just the right way over 10 years time.

o

In response to you wanting tips for wart removal, guess what? Your wish come true - a SAFE, NATURAL and POWERFUL way to get rid of warts, moles and skin tags in 15 minutes! Check out the site below, it's an
* All-natural herbal extracts target blemish cells to cauterize and deprive them of nutrients
* Naturally restricts circulation to the wart, mole or skin tag
* Nature Relief works quickly, destroying blemishes from the root up in within minutes
* The removal cream's natural antiviral properties prevent skin blemish recurrences
* Permanently and safely removes your wart, mole or skin tag - at home!

Visit:
http://www.instantwartmoleremover.com

Here is a link that might be useful: instant wart and mole removal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here