Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It is time to stand up and say stop it

Posted by d0ug (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 19:31

I think it is time that we stood up and said stop it. Doctors are killing people and getting a walk drug companies are poisoning people with no one going to jail. Vioxx killed 27000 �" 55,000 people and lots more had problem and no one went to jail. That is only one drug. If another country had killed 1,000 it would probably start a war. There are 120,000 accidental deaths in the United States caused by physicians and they get to go home to their luxury villa. Maybe they might get sued for mal practice but they should be tried for murder. It is funny that there is no law that says that a doctor is required to give you a cure even if he knows there is one. He is more inclined to keep you alive until your insurance runs out. It is a madness that needs to stop.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It is time to stand up and say stop it

I do agree with you to a point. They have backed off having women doing mammograms yearly because of the dangers of the tests. Some people have total faith in doctors, I used to be but not anymore. We must decide if we want to be kept alive until our brain is dead. People must have a great fear of dying. I am 76 and when it happens to me it will be relief in a way. I will at least get a good night sleep without waking up to go the bathroom 2 or 3 times.

They are not keeping me alive and even so my insurance won't run out.

o

You have me by 5 years but we both have out lived most of our doctors. With saw polmetto and pumpkin seeds get a full night sleep. The average life expectancy of a doctor is less than 60 and couch potatoes is 75 I think my next check up will be by a couch potato

o

As the Mother of a primary care physician I will only say you don't know what you are talking about and leave it at that. Doctors work their whole life to treat and cure patients. If some docs make a lot of money so be it; you try doing your own brain surgery and see how long you survive. The average doctor such as my internist son is your entry level into keeping healthy and he is working long long hours after years of study for anything but big bucks. My son spends half his time on the phone fighting with insurance companies to get you the kind of care he knows you need which they don't want to pay for. Hope you're not one of his patients. You don't deserve him treating you.

o

Patty , congratulations to your son. There are a lot of good doctors out there I have had several, but I have outlived them or they have retired. A special thing about them was their common sense. There are also some bad ones, good at what they do, but with an attitude of "do as I say". My present medical doctor and my urologist are very good. My MD lets me make my own decisions about my health, if there is ever a problem he will make a suggestion then I can do as I please "without attitude" from him. Now my Urologist was good in two ways, I had a problem and was not going to have surgery and let myself die, I feel I have nothing to look forward to except declining health problems. But he talked me into having it and he saved my life. Not sure yet if it was the thing to do.

I wanted to add, most people who knock doctors think using herbs and "natural" things are safe. What they don't understand is that those things are still drugs. They help you with your problem, but some where in your body they are doing something bad. Anything except food that changes the structure of your body is a drug and sleep aids of any kind will make you dependent on them. Malitonin for instant, my sister started out with 3 mg, now she is up to 40mg.

Another thing someone using "natural" things will go running to the doctor when they start having pain they can't endure and hopefully have their life save by a doctor. Most will probably wait to long and they won't be saved. I had a friends husband die of a cold/pneumonia because by the time he got scared enough to go to the doctor it was to late. He died of a simple cold.

o

This information was in a book call Hell's Kitchen by Dr Joel Wallach

On October 1,1998, an article was published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, that pointed out that, in a study of 90,000 nurses (The Harvard Nurses Health Study), over a period of fifteen years, those that took a multiple vitamin/mineral supplement daily reduced their risk of colon cancer by seventy five percent �" not a single medical association took up the information as a proactive recommendation to it’s members, the American Cancer Society failed to proactively pass on the information to the American public and the FDA failed to pass on the information to the general public

In 1993, the National Cancer Institute reported the results of a five year study on the protective value of antioxidants against cancer. The study was done in Henan Province of north-central China
After selecting 29,000 people between 40 and 69 years of age, the participants were placed in one of several nutrient investigation groups. Retinol, zinc, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin C molybdenum selenium, beta carotene and vitamin E were compared to a placebo.
The investigation reported that, vitamin C, retinol, zinc, riboflavin, molybdenum and niacin had no statistically significant [protective] effect on cancer death after five years.
The group that took the combination of beta carotene, vitamin E and selenium for five years had dramatically positive results: 13% fewer deaths from all cancers, 21% reduction in deaths from stomach cancer and a 9% decrease in deaths from all cause

Where do you have to go to get information, from alternative medicine.

o

Reports of study results In our local newspaper and from a friend who is a doctor and from our old friend Mr. Webster.

Doug I don't usually post my sources because I don't have to prove anything. Even with the sources most won't believe it. These are things I believe and post them because maybe some one will read it and it might save them from a health problem like a women taking something natural like black kosh or whatever, which is a blood thinner, to stop their hot flashes. A lot of the herbs and whatever are blood thinners and can cause problems if they take it along with or without blood thinners the doc prescribes or have emergency surgery and they bleed to death.

o

This information was in a book call Hell's Kitchen by Dr Joel Wallach

On October 1,1998, an article was published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, that pointed out that, in a study of 90,000 nurses (The Harvard Nurses Health Study), over a period of fifteen years, those that took a multiple vitamin/mineral supplement daily reduced their risk of colon cancer by seventy five percent �" not a single medical association took up the information as a proactive recommendation to it’s members, the American Cancer Society failed to proactively pass on the information to the American public and the FDA failed to pass on the information to the general public

In 1993, the National Cancer Institute reported the results of a five year study on the protective value of antioxidants against cancer. The study was done in Henan Province of north-central China
After selecting 29,000 people between 40 and 69 years of age, the participants were placed in one of several nutrient investigation groups. Retinol, zinc, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin C molybdenum selenium, beta carotene and vitamin E were compared to a placebo.
The investigation reported that, vitamin C, retinol, zinc, riboflavin, molybdenum and niacin had no statistically significant [protective] effect on cancer death after five years.
The group that took the combination of beta carotene, vitamin E and selenium for five years had dramatically positive results: 13% fewer deaths from all cancers, 21% reduction in deaths from stomach cancer and a 9% decrease in deaths from all cause

Where do you have to go to get information, from alternative medicine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here