SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenghost

Holistic Treatment for Kidney Stones?

GardenGhost
20 years ago

A CT scan revealed that I have kidney stones in both kidneys. One is very large. The lithotripsy or whatever the shock wave treatments are called will cost me at least $8,000!!! I have no insurance so it's something I'd have to pay out of pocket. I'm not working because I stay home and care for my mother, so this is an enormous amount of money to me. Furthermore, the hospital demands at least $2500 down before they'll let me in. ON top of that, I must pay the urologist.

Someone briefly mentioned some form of holistic treatment for kidney stones, like drinking some kind of asparagus cocktail or something. Do any of you know of anything that might work? I have another surgery that is more crucial at the moment which will run me at least $3000, so I need to spend my money on that.

Any information, any links to a site, anything would be so helpful! I'm even interested in alternative modern treatments beside the lithotripsy. Do any of you have experience with kidney stones?

The sad thing is, I've been seeing doctors for around 10 yrs complaining of pain on my left side (where the largest kidney stone is). One of these docs treated me about once a year for a kidney infection. Yet, when I asked them if I had kidney stones, I was told, "Oh no, if you had kidney stones, you'd be in so much pain that you'd be in ER crying for relief, not waiting for appointments here." It took me ten years to find a doctor who ran the right tests (costing me $1500!!!) to determine the source of my pain. Now I can't afford to fix it. HELP!!

Casper

Comments (8)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area