Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm New..Any one an IC Patient??

Posted by creekdweller (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 12, 10 at 17:17

Please tell me how you cope..And what treatments you do. What helps and what kind of meds do you use?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm New..Any one an IC Patient??

I was just diagnosed myself about 6 weeks ago. I'm finding it pretty hard to cope, personally. The long list of food I can't have is so much longer than what I can have, that it's really depressing. I miss chocolate :(

The medications I'm taking:

- Proced twice a day (helps with the irritation)
- cystoprotek -- 2 pills 2 times a day
- Amitriptylin - 10mg once a day

Overall, my frequency has vastly improved with the change in diet and with the meds. I still have a lot of irritation/pain when peeing, but I'm hoping that time will improve that. I have a hard time strictly staying on the diet, which probably doesn't help.

The things I have found to help me cope are finding foods that I can still eat, that I enjoy. Peanut butter, for example, makes me very happy ;) I also use cream cheese a lot for things -- white sauce for home made pizza, a mayonnaise substitute (mix with a little milk and microwave), pasta sauce, etc.

If you haven't checked out the forums at ic-network.com yet, I highly advise it. Lots of helpful people there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here