Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coughing, Runny Nose and Tired

Posted by gagesgranny (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 08 at 13:34

My husband and I and our grandchildren have all come down with this coughing, runny nose and tired feeling. Anyone else have this stuff, if so, what are you taking?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coughing, Runny Nose and Tired

I had it and took zinc losenges, every 3 or 4 hours as per directions on the package and Mucinex, the 12 hour timed release....2 tablets morning and night.
I escaped the usual, for me, bronchitis and cough thing.
Linda C

o

I had this in January along with nasal drip and a dry itchy cough...Just getting over the cough now. I wasn't real sick but some get a fever so I only took OTC stuff but I am real sick of the nasal drip.

Feel better soon and get lots of rest.
Jean

o

Thank you all for your responses. Is this a cold or flu or allergies? I am not as sick as my husband. My grandchildren are saying they have a popping in their little ears. I am taking them to the doctor. I do not like seeing them feel so badly. This came on so quick and we all got it at the same time.

o

This is a flu...watch for fever. You may have a milder version....lots going on out there and it seems the kids are travelling it around. I know someone who had this for 21 days and medicine really didn't help too much so take care...wash hands lots and lots.

Hope you are all feeling a whole lot better soon.
Jean

o

My pregnant DIL had something last week. They were here on Sunday night for dinner and she was fine. Monday she woke up sick and went to her OB, whos said she was dehydrated. My son came down with runny nose and cough on Thursday, felt ok on Friday then Saturday woke up with a fever of 102. Last night I felt like I had a scratchy throat and the start of a headache and cough. Today I have worse as the day goes on but no fever, just chills.

Funny thing is that I visited 14 schools in the month of Jan. and Feb., testing kids and didn't pick up anything. You would have thought not being around kids for a while that I would have gotten stuff then.

o

A lot of people in my office have been sick with bronchitis or flu-like symptoms. I've been lucky so far; just my sinuses have been acting up. I wash my hands constantly (so of course they're really dry), and take vitamins. It's our busy season so I can't afford to get sick until after April 15!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here