SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivkadr

Hurt Ankle

rivkadr
14 years ago

I hurt my ankle two weeks ago while jogging. I did not twist it, so far as I can tell. I was just running along, feeling good, and then suddenly my ankle began to hurt. A lot. The pain started right above my ankle bone, done through the ankle bone, and radiated down to the side of my foot. It hurts the most when I put any sort of weight on it, although it continues to ache and feel sore even with no pressure on it.

I gave it a week to see if it got better and then went to an orthopedist a week ago. He took X-rays, and said he couldn't see anything (no fractures), but that a stress fracture wouldn't show up until it started healing. He gave me a big black boot thing to wear, which I've been wearing every day.

The problem: the ankle doesn't really seem to be getting any better. It still hurts quite a lot. I have an appt. to see the orthopedist again next week, but I'm curious -- what do people think the problem could be? I would think that if it was just sore tendons or something, I would be feeling at least slightly better after two weeks. Could this be a stress fracture? And how does one do that while just jogging?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County