Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small red bumps

Posted by oddie (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 2, 06 at 11:37

I have read your post for years ,you all are very helpful people and I hope you can help my son, hes 30 years old woke up one day with small red bumps that looks like a small blister, that goes to a cluster of small blisters, then turn to a very dry red area about a half inch circle, they itch from the start and are all over his chest and back and now on neck and one on face, this has been going on way over a week, frist areas look light red but still dry and doest itch much, others in the home do not have theses, also more apear everyday, any ideas would be helpful. son does not have health insurance at this time, trying to clear it up without going to doctor, thanks in advance
oddie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small red bumps

Might be impetigo, shingles, or allergy-related hives. He needs to go to a doctor, insurance or not. Impetigo or shingles cannot be helped with home remedies or OTCs. Does he have any other symptoms? Did he have chickenpox as a child?

o

Shingles is very painfull, could this be an allergy related to new laundry detergent ?

o

I had shingles - yes they're the most painful thing I ever endured. But when they first start, they just look like little bug bites and then the itching starts and so on.

o

Pityriasis rosea is another possibility

find a clinic!

o

Thank you so much to all that posted, after dong a search for pityriasis rosesa and reading and looking at the picture I beleive lazygardens is right, it looks and sounds just like what my son has, I have seen and took care of people with shingles and had some idea of how they ran there course didnt think it was shingles, hes had hives over the years, that was my frist thought but hives come and go and never looked like that before on him. no new detergents, he does use way to much bleach, rewashed everything, hes never had chicken pox or any other childhood disease, that always worried me.didnt look like imepetgo, it looks just like the pictures we will see what happens he will go to doctor if nothing helps thanks agine
oddie

o

Could it be ring worm? It's a fungal disease with a very distinctive appearance.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: ringworm

o

It also could be eczema. It sounds like the symptoms I experience. Go to a dermatologist, they will get him a proper diagnosis and treatment. You cannot treat this on your own.

Michelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here