Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transition lenses versus photochromic

Posted by obrionusa (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 12 at 11:11

Whats the difference between the two and is it worth the extra money to get transition? I was looking online to buy some cheap glasses for my work truck and I can get polycarbonate with photochromic lens for an extra $69 or standard lense with transition for $69. It looks like I would have to give up high impact lens in order to get the transition brand. Whats your thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transition lenses versus photochromic

You should probably ask your optical person...Years ago, I worked in the eye business and at that time, you could only get the photochromatic lens in glass which in turn was heavy...Then Transitions came out for plastic lens but was very expensive...The last time I got glasses, I went with the off brand Transistions and they darken just as well as the name brand ony much cheaper....As far as your polycarbonate, do they darken like the Transition? If your going to be wearing them for work/or to protect the eye, you should go with the high impact lens...Is there much difference in the weight?
It's been years since I worked in the business but I'm still shocked at the prices...I did all the lens and frame ordering and frames and we would get designer frames for as little as a couple of dollars and then price them in the hundreds...And the same with the lens, they were basically very, very inexpensive....Just made me sick and is one reason I had to get out of the business.....
Good luck in your search.....At one time, my son gave me a on line site that made glasses, very inexpensive, but do you think I can think of the name of it...I believe it started with a Z...He uses them all the time for his family.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here