Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RE: Heal Spurs/Plantar Fascitis

Posted by wcblues35 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 8, 10 at 9:48

Thank You Everyone!!!
My family and friends told me that "everyone has foot pain sometimes". I would sit on my bed in the morning afraid to put my feet on the floor due to the fact I knew what kind of pain I was in for.
I have a question for everyone. If I have spurs should they be removed or are they treatable with ice, stretching..ect...
Also does anybody recomend an online store for ordering the shoes I need for this condition?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RE: Heal Spurs/Plantar Fascitis

I buy shoes from footsmart, check it out. Make sure you stretch you feet back & forth several times before you get out of bed. I think heel spurs need to be removed. It is a calcium build up almost like a bone. But, you more then likely have plantar fasciitis. I had it for several years, its under control now but I do wear orthotics. you can get more info at heelspurs.com Good luck. It all takes time.

o

Hi
I have plantar fasciitis myself for a few months now. Just to let you know the spurs are known now as a by-product of the real problem and are not being removed as part of modern therapy. Get a professional diagnosis before you spend more money and effort.
If you stretch before getting out of bed your pain will get more bearable.
I found very good web site with info about shoes inserts stretching and more for plantar fasciitis:
http://www.plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com
Take care & Good luck

Here is a link that might be useful: E

o

Ezri is right about heel spurs being a by-product of plantar fasciitis, for the most part, and they usually don't have to be removed.

I've had plantar fasciitis for 25 years now, though it's generally well-controlled. This is what I've learned:

1. Never, ever walk barefoot. Even when you get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, wear a pair of shoes with arch support. (Orthaheel.com has some good flip flops that I use as slippers.)

2. Stretch! Ezri is right - stretch before you get out of bed this morning, and stretch several times during the day. One good stretch is to stand on the edge of a step with the ball of your foot and let your heels drop down off the step.

3. Ice. Keep a water bottle in the freezer, and when your foot is hurting, roll your foot over the frozen bottle.

4. Use arch supports in your shoes. I like the green ones by Spenco.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here