Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gluten Free Recipes

Posted by ivamae (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 8, 06 at 9:23

Does anyone have any good recipes for cookies, muffins, etc? Also what can be used for sandwich fillings besides eggs and salmon. I know I can't use any cold prepared meats but am wondering if cured hams would be a problem as I don't know what might be added in the curing and smoking process.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gluten Free Recipes

Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 beaten egg
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
Mik all together well. Dough will be stiff and a little crumbly. Form into 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing from sheet.

o

Thanks gazania. I never thought of looking for recipes with no flour. I made these first thing this morning and they are real good. I appreciate your help and also anyone else who would like to add to this.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Go to Celiac.com and they have a huge site for gluten free recipes. Also type in gluten free.....in your search window, whatever the recipe is, after the words, gf. I myself was on a gluten free diet for about 10 yr. but had to switch that to one with no grains, I use nut flour now, and all the problems went away. There is also a site for kids, with recipes, called Pecanbread.com that is helpful.
Darlene

o

I don't know if this brand is nationwide, but Boar's Head cold cuts and cheeses are all gluten-free, have excellent selections and are delicious. They are available at many grocery stores in the northeast that I know of. If not in your area, check other well-known brands that may be gf.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here