Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Activia?

Posted by catherinet (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 07 at 9:22

Hi all,
I have IBS-D, and have tried off and on to eat yogurt and take probiotics, but they don't seem to make a difference. I take calcium, which seems to help it the most. I had heard about the new yogurt "Activia", and bought some to try. Within about 5 days of eating it (once a day), I was constipated. I even had to quit taking my full calcium dose. I've heard lots of people get gas from it, which I do too. Then you year "you get gas because the good bacteria is killing off the bad bacteria".........but I'm not certain any of that has been scientifically proven. It says to try it for 2 weeks. But then what happens? Has our good gut flora been replaced, and we don't have to eat it every day??
Dannon seems to be a reputatble company. What do you think? Have any of you tried it and what were your results? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Activia?

Um,I havent tried it,but my sister eats it every week and she swears by it. She kept trying to get me to eat it,but I was skeptical.
One thing I noticed that helps alot with constipation is increasing fluid intake. I've been drinking alot of iced tea lately (flavored with splenda) and have had no issues at all.

o
RE: Activia?

my grandma or someone convinced me to eat it and it made me sick.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here