Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
today is my anniversary

Posted by perk2 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 16, 05 at 8:04

Well today is my 2nd Anniversary of being SMOKE FREE. I am very proud of myself. Just wanted all of you to know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: today is my anniversary

I am proud of you also! Congratulations!

o

Congratulations! I'll bet your kids are proud of you, too - and relieved.

o

way to go. that is a HUGE accomplishment!

o

IM VERY PROUD OF YOU ALSO AND ONE OF MY DAUGHTERS HAS BEEN SMOKE-FREE FOR 2 YRS AND ANOTHER QUIT 2 DAYS AGO ! HURREY FOR ALL !

o

Hey perk2...Congratulations! I remember your announcement of your 1 year anniversary. I was so envious of you. Well, I am proud to say that I had my 1 year anniversary Jan 7. Doesn't it feel wonderful!!!!

I haven't been coming here much lately. I have opened up my own sewing shop and good-grief, I've been swamped. Might have to break down and hire someone to help me!

Anyway...Congratulations to you and all the former smokers out there. To everyone that is trying so hard to kick the habit, I wish you the very best in your endevor.

Pam.

o

Thank you everyone for the kinds words. Congratulations to you also Pam and good luck on your new sewing adventure. I wish you the best of everything.
Pam

o

Congrats, Pam, on your two year anniversary. My one year anniversary was April 13, thanks to hypnosis. I still think about smoking after all this time, but I don't think I will ever smoke again. :-)

Pam Sews Alot - Congratulations to you too. I remember when you quit smoking. I actually quit on Cold Turkey Day, November 20, but had a relapse and smoked 10 days last April. So my new "Quit" anniversary became April 13. Good luck on your new sewing shop!!

o

I can't wait until I hit 1 year! I'm at 7 months 3 weeks!
It does get easier as the time goes on. I just have to remember never to slip and have 1. I don't want to quit again.

o

Congrats to you pawprint1. Your 1 year anniversary will be here before you know it. I'm proud of you and I know you can do it.

o

Hey...how'd you sneek back in here without me knowing it, pawprint1? Welcome back! and congratulations on your quitting for good! Ya See...I just knew you could do it.

Pam.

o

Congratulations, Perk, and each of you determining to quit smoking! I admire you greatly and pray God gives you strength to endure.

o

Pam, I gave in to my weakness and paid the 15.00! I held out long enough, reading but no voice!!

Yup, 5 days shy of 8 months. I'm even impressed. NOW, I sure didn't want to gain this extra 20 lbs. Yes, 20.... I know I shouldn't have substituted food but I'm guilty. I look like I have a beer gut now.
Though my doctor said I'm still okay and far better off being 20 lbs over weight than smoking.

Glad to be back!
Hi everyone!

o

I gained a total of 28 pounds after I quit smoking. But once I got the hang of being a NON smoker, things settled down and all of the 28 pounds plus 5 more are gone. I feel confident that they are gone for good now. Cigs and the weight. Hang in there. It's just another hurdle to get over.

Pam.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here