Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rozerem (prescription sleeping pills)

Posted by zoezoe (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 29, 07 at 1:57

I just got a prescription from my doctor today, and obviously have not tried them yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed about this brand as nothing has worked so far. I am almost afraid to take one, for fear that this too will not work.

Anybody else have any experience with this particular sleeping pill????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rozerem (prescription sleeping pills)

The medication that works one way for someone, may not work the same for you. Let's hope it works for you. Did your doctor tell you whether or not it will take a few night for you to see an improvement?

o
RE: Rozerem (prescription sleeping pills)

I have tried virtually every OTC sleeping aid available. Tylenol PM the best in my opinion.

The prescription medication that I have recently tried is:
Ambien, Lunesta, Rozerem, Restoril and Clonopin. My Dr. gave me free samples of Ambien CR, Lunesta and Rozerem. They were all pretty much the same; however my insurane company would not cover the Lunesta or Rozerem as they are fairly new drugs. My Dr. would have to fill out quite a lengthly questionaire regarding why he was prescribing any of these three drugs for me. Huh??? Duh, she can't sleep. So I told him to forget it any just give me another month of Restoril. Some nights it works real well, other nights, such as last night, well I saw the sun come up. Even after taking two or three. Every hour and a half, I will take another one if I am still awake. I am getting to the drastic point phase. Electro shock therapy; lobotomy; a 2x4 to the head. Life's a b!tch when you're awake and nobody else is.

Approximately 10 years ago I tried Trazadone and Elavil (two anti-depressants) taken at bedtime for their sedating effect. As far as I can recall, they worked pretty well, however their one side effect that I can't handle at this point is: weight gain. I have already gained at least 20 lbs. in the last few months. Thank you Ambien for the frequent trips to the refrigerator in the middle of the night and at least 10 of the 20 lbs.

As I mentioned earlier, I did not sleep until 6:30 this a.m., so I probably rambling and not very lucid. I do apologize for this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here