Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone using Byetta?

Posted by devorah (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 27, 07 at 22:42

My doctor is talking about adding this to all the other prescriptions I take. Does anybody have any experience with this? I suspect the price will be horrendous. My insurance company is covering fewer and fewer products and I am pretty sure it won't pay for this one. My prescription for Micardis is no longer covered, but I am unwilling to give it up since it actually works to bring my blood pressure down.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone using Byetta?

Okay, guess not. Bumping this down

o

devorah,
My husband has been using Byetta for about a year. He is Type II and has been for about 10 years. About a year ago, his Dr. wanted him to try the Byetta pen and it has worked so well for him. (Dr. said people seem to either do very well on it or cannot tolerate it, so he is one of the fortunate ones.) He takes a shot (very small needle) before breakfast and before dinner. The good thing is that he has cut out some of the other oral medications he had been taking. For him, it has been a great success in helping to control his diabetes. If you have specific questions, let me know. Jeanie

o

Thank you Jeanie. I don't see my Dr. again until April so I am not sure what he will decide. I am pretty certain that my insurance won't pay for this. Does your husband's?

o

Devorah, we have a 50/50 copay on our prescriptions so our insurance does pay half. It is about $200 for a month, so we are out about $100 a month for his Byetta, but since it is working so well for him, it is worth it.
He has always had to keep it refrigerated, but we received a notice from Byetta last week that their new tests have shown that once it is opened, it is OK to leave it out up to 77 degrees, which will make it much handier when going out to dinner, etc.
Please post again after seeing your Dr. next month.
Jeanie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here