Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lexapro

Posted by clubm (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 08 at 18:42

Does anyone take this medication or knows of anyone who
does and are the results good meaning did it help them?
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lexapro

I've been taking Lexapro for about 5 years. If you want to talk about it feel free to email me though the GW.

o

A friend says it helps her. I took it for awhile and it didn't do much for me but then I don't know that I should have been given it. I just complained about having trouble sleeping and the PA said "oh, anxiety! new drug here"
I think she associated the sleeping problems with having been deployed but I'd had the same sleeping pattern for years. I was in a very safe place, no anxiety.
It did mess up my gut though, and that lasted for quite awhile after I stepped myself off.

o

I have this sitting on my counter, Im suppose to start it now, I have had it there almost a week. I am scared to try it. Every anti depressant I have tried makes me crawl the walls. Anyone else have this issue and has tried this drug I would love to know. I have MS and Panic disorder.. and for some reason they just want me on anti depressants.. I am also on Xanax... that Im not afraid of lol

o

My friend was on it and it really helped her a lot. I've heard they are hard to get off though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here