Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thyroid medicene direction change

Posted by maifleur (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 17:57

I have been taking some form of thyroid medicene for underactive since I was about 12. Recently my tests were high 21.1. My doctor suggested I take my pill one hour before eating or drinking anything. It has been very hard because I am used to drinking a cup of coffee immediately. However I can hold my temper better and feel less anxiety. My husband has dementia and some days I could not cope but with the med change I am coping better.

A friend has also been given the same instructions. Any of you that take meds for low thyroid may want to check with your doctor to see what they recommend. For me the walls are no longer in danger of having claw marks in them,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thyroid medicine direction change

My doctor told me to take the pill at least one hour on and empty stomach.I did have a problem the medicine was too high.it caused me to slow down.I changed doctors and they said it was too high.put me on a lower pill and I began to feel like my old self.So if you don't feel right get him to change the pill or you change doctors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here