Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blood work - low rbc

Posted by sas3girls (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 4, 12 at 17:11

I had routine blood work done. When I received my results I was told my rbc was low, and borderline vitamin d deficient. I was told to take my multivitamin with D3 2000 iu. I was told the low rbc count was nothing to worry about. Is this true? And, what causes only the rbc to be low? I was told they look at the clotting and it was within normal limits. I had went to the dr because my pulse had been high & I had been having chest pains. I was given a holter monitor for 24hrs and results were ok not great but ok. I also have a murmur from MVP and tricuspid regurgitation. I was put on a low dose of toporol. I'm now concerned that is anemia that is causing chest pains and rapid pulse. For anemia does anything besides low rbc need to show?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blood work - low rbc

You must ask your doctor about this.

o
RE: Blood work - low rbc

I agree... ask your doctor. A lot depends on your age, gender (are you having heavy periods?) diet, just about anything you could name. this is not something that you want posters that don't know you guessing about.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here