Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pill Cutter/Splitter

Posted by dadoes (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 08 at 16:49

I need recommendations for a pill cutter that works, consistently! I've tried four. The best thus far has a soft rubber cutting bed with a V-shaped matrix to hold the tablet, but it sometimes breaks one of the halves or chips off one or more fragments of varying size.

Just this afternoon I tried another that has a set of "templates" to fit tablets of various sizes/shapes. It's a joke. The blade doesn't cut deep enough. The tablet and template stick to the blade when the cover is lifted, and the tablet ends up partially crushed instead of cut cleanly.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pill Cutter/Splitter

Check with your pharmacist first cuz some pills you have to take whole.

o

I'm aware of that, and it's not the case with the medication that is involved. The doctor's instructions are being followed.

o

Sorry for this delay in responding, but I couldn't find the darn thing!
Mine works very well, and I bought it at Kaiser Permanente (health plan) for a few dollars.
Easy to use with various sized pills and hasn't broken any as yet.
It is called: APEX Deluxe Pill Splitter
Item: 70058
Tel #: 1-800-328-2935.
The web site says about this item: Double beveled stainless steel blade.
I want to add that I have nothing to do with this company.
Hope this is of some help, even if delayed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here