Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thyroid Test Question

Posted by cactuscatie (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 08 at 16:28

I had an ultrasound of my thyroid and the test said I have a well-circumscribed hyperechoic nodule. My doctor has scheduled me for a fine-needle biopsy. I was wondering if anyone has had this test and if you can tell me what your experience was.

I am so upset over this, I can hardly breathe.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thyroid Test Question

Are you upset about the procedure or the possible results?

o

Catie, don't be upset. Thyroid nodules are common - throid cancer is rare. If a nodule should prove to be cancer (95% of the time it will not), it's a particularly slow growing cancer.

The fine needle aspiration is nothing to fear - I haven't had it myself but my mother has and she compared it to the same sting as a flu shot...the worst part of the procedure was the not knowing what to expect, waiting for the appointment.

o

morz8, your encouragement is right on time. I am having the aspiration tomorrow. Thank you.

o

I had it done years ago - and now I am headed for another one - the ultrasound showed another nodule...

I wasn't crazy about it - but it wasn't that bad - just the fear of someone sticking the needle in my neck freaked me out

Let us know how you did
I am putting mine off til after the holidays

Carrie

o

"I had it done years ago - and now I am headed for another one - the ultrasound showed another nodule... "

Hi Carrie. Thyroid issues can have many causes. Please check out the link below to see what others have done to get themselves back on track. Best of health to you now and after the holidays!

A link that might be useful:

http://www.naturalnews.com/043264_thyroid_nodules_nutrition_pharmaceutical_medicine.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here