Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lasik Surgery Question

Posted by berk (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 08 at 12:48

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has had Lasik surgery that is around my husbands age, he is 56.
He can't see close up or a distance. I have read that he will still need reading glasses at his age, that part can't be fixed.
Just wondering about the cost and if you where satisfied.
Thanks for your input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lasik Surgery Question

I had lasik done in 2004 at the age of 48 in Omaha, NE and the cost was $2990. I was very near sighted. I hesitated having the surgery until one night I was at a hotel alone & fell asleep with my glasses on & couldn't find them the next morning. I couldn't see to find them & nearly called housekeeping.

Now, after the surgery it's nice to be able to get up in the morning & not be dependent upon glasses; however I don't believe the vision is as clear as when you wear glasses. I'm now 52 and need reading glasses for fine print & I probably could benefit from regular glasses but I keep trying to exercise my eyes so that I don't get dependent upon them again. Lasik is good, but it's not a cure-all.

o
RE: Lasik Surgery Question

I wonder, at 56 he may be heading towards cataracts at some point.
Don't they replace the lens with one that has a prescription? I'm not a candidate for lasik (my eyes are too bad) and have been wondering what a lens replacement would be like.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here