Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hearing aids?

Posted by mboston (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 5, 11 at 11:25

I have mild to moderate hearing loss in the upper ranges in both ears. Also have Tinnitus, which is getting worse. I am a candidate for hearing aids since my basal tones are in the normal range and it is the nerve endings that are failing, not an inner ear elsewhere problem or wax problem.

I am leary to get two - thinking about one for the left ear which has the Tinnitus worse and seems to be the one I rely on the most. Have been told that they can cost anywhere between $800 - 2,000, depending on the type and that there is a "tryout" period to allow you to get used to them. Guess it takes time to adjust.

Anyone here have suggestions on types or advice for me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hearing aids?

DH found some with a 30 day trial. They were $4000. He hated them. He has tinnitus also and he would rather hear what he hears now than all the new sounds & noises he was hearing with the aids. Call around and see if they have the free trail and try it for yourself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here