Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
does this sound like tennis elbow?

Posted by bumtomatoes (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 22, 10 at 10:18

hey all, for a while now whenever i use my left arm a lot, ie gripping, pulling, putting lots of strain on it, for ex: throwing a baseball too much/too hard, grappling (rolling around on the ground using a lot of limb pressure), etc. my left arm (the weaker arm), will start to be reaaaaaally painful-- it feels more like the tendons and it is concentrated in the crease of the arm but spreads a lot into my forearm and upper arm. the pain can be realllly bad if i go pretty hard and ice does little to ease the pain. even just resting my arm on my lap in bad cases i will see the muscles twitching.

it doesn't feel completely localized at the outer or inner elbow and it's a rather dull but strong aching that makes my arm shake and it's painful to use it. there is no comfortable position. stretching the wrist doesn't seem to lighten or aggravate the pain.

it sucks because i signed up for jiu jitsu classes, and everytime i practice i'm ending early with really bad arm pain EVEN after waiting a week before practicing again.

my guess is that i need to take it really easy for a couple weeks and lightly exercise the arm to take the strain off the ligaments/tendons??

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: does this sound like tennis elbow?

I would suggest you not try to treat this yourself. Visit a doctor. It could be tennis elbow, but in my opinion it doesn't sound like that's what it is. You could have a torn muscle or a torn ligament or any one of a dozen things. Treating it yourself or letting it go, you might end up with permanent damage.

See a doctor!!!

o

thanks for the suggestion oilpainter. i probably should see a doc.

does this sound familiar to anyone though? i should add that my muscles don't feel sore afterwards.

o

Well, I have tennis elbow and it feels like I dipped it in boiling water.

o

As the man said, see a doctor. Best thing for 'tennis elbo' is rest. Doesn't sound like you rest much.

I had the same problem in my sholder. Found the cause was the exersize machines I was using in the gym and the free weight exersize I was doing. I substrituted these and eventually the problem went away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here