SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bumtomatoes

does this sound like tennis elbow?

bumtomatoes
14 years ago

hey all, for a while now whenever i use my left arm a lot, ie gripping, pulling, putting lots of strain on it, for ex: throwing a baseball too much/too hard, grappling (rolling around on the ground using a lot of limb pressure), etc. my left arm (the weaker arm), will start to be reaaaaaally painful-- it feels more like the tendons and it is concentrated in the crease of the arm but spreads a lot into my forearm and upper arm. the pain can be realllly bad if i go pretty hard and ice does little to ease the pain. even just resting my arm on my lap in bad cases i will see the muscles twitching.

it doesn't feel completely localized at the outer or inner elbow and it's a rather dull but strong aching that makes my arm shake and it's painful to use it. there is no comfortable position. stretching the wrist doesn't seem to lighten or aggravate the pain.

it sucks because i signed up for jiu jitsu classes, and everytime i practice i'm ending early with really bad arm pain EVEN after waiting a week before practicing again.

my guess is that i need to take it really easy for a couple weeks and lightly exercise the arm to take the strain off the ligaments/tendons??

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville