Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crusty toes

Posted by michelle_phxaz (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 26, 09 at 4:47

Okay, not mine, my husbands. It looks like athlete's foot and he used an over the counter spray and cream. That didn't work so he went to his regular doctor twice and has used the creams they prescribed but it is still there.

It is more on the top of his foot, between the big toe and second toe, about the size of a quarter. It is like a dry, flaky patch and it itches.

We went through what could have caused it, the cleaning product used in our shower hasn't changed, nothing is different, but it has been over a month now and it hasn't changed.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crusty toes

Dermatologist?

o

Sounds like athlete's foot to me, its very hard to get under control you must keep on it and not stop till its gone. My Dr recommended Lamisil. Put it on about 2-3 times a day for about a month. I know, its not fun but you have to keep after it. I suffered with mine one time about 8 months!

o

Sorry Catherinet, I forgot to mention he does have a dermatologist appointment next week, but until then I wanted to see if anyone had a suggestion.

Joann, he did the Lamasil, no luck, and he tried Tinactin, both before the doctor gave him a prescription.

Thank you both for the suggestions, anyone else?

o

If it is a fungus he is dealing with. he will need to treat his shoes.
Jean

o

Thanks for the suggestions, his doctor prescribed a steroid ointment that cleared it up. I use a 0.1% cream for my excema, he was given a 0.5% cream.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here