Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cramps

Posted by rgreen1357 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 20, 07 at 1:39

I get really bad cramps during every period and was wondering if anybody had any good suggestions. I have tried some homeopathic stuff but nothing really works except for Advil. I am opposed to this drug however as taking it a lot it not good for you. I want a more natural approach.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cramps

Have you had a good check up by a GYN doctor recently? Sometimes there is a reason for cramping. Sometimes it's just one of those things that we have to put up with. At least it's just for a few days.

I found that walking was very helpful. I didn't have to walk fast, but the movement seemed to ease those muscles. You may find that Aleve works better than Advil. Take it before you really start hurting and you won't need as much. It doesn't seem to have any long term side effects either.

o
RE: cramps

I had the worst cramps that would put me out of commission for two days every month. Since I am on the pill, my GYN suggested that I take them continuously without taking the placebo on the 4th week. It took about three months to get to where I had no periods at all, and several different prescriptions to figure out which pill works best for me (Ortho Tri-Cyclen; anything else and I would spot for a day or two). I have been on this regimen for over 4 years.

I have had no side effects, no PMS, no cramps, and it has been the answer I desperately needed. If you are on the pill, I suggest it highly if your GYN agrees.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here