Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The price of drugs.............

Posted by RuthAnn (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 23, 05 at 1:14

Hi, I just found out the price of an antibiotic my husband is taking. I couldn't believe it at first. It is Zyvox and it cost $4500 a month. He takes 2 a day and will for the rest of his life. Thank God for insurance! I hated paying the $5 copay until I found out what it actually cost. Ridiculous, isn't it? RAA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The price of drugs.............

HOLY S#&T!
I'm glad you have the insurance for him!

o

Just curious...why would he have to take an antibiotic for the rest of his life? Thank heavens you have insurance.

o

He takes an anti. because he was in a car accident 3 yrs ago, crushed hip, had hip replacement, developed infection and had it removed. Had another hip replacement and now has to take the anti. for the rest of his life. Can't get rid of infection, it'll always be there. 2 months ago he was taking 28 medicines a day, went on a sit down strike for 4 days and didn't take anything. Dr convinced him to take 15 of them. Neverending problems. RAA

o

Yes, bone infections can be unbelievable! Let's hope that the antibiotic can clear things up enough that his hip will work. I think, but I am not sure, that Zyvox has a generic form in case the insurance ever gets tacky about paying for it. You might want to ask and see if it is available.
PB

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here