SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runsnwalken

is there anything that can be done?

runsnwalken
15 years ago

My dad married last year, and along with a new step mom, I got a bunch of new family members.... most of them to me as mysterious as the life on the bottom of the sea, (know a good 4 or 5 but thats it).

Including an uncle, named mike, 50 years old... recently he has been found to have both advancing lung and brain cancer, , and has been given less then a year to live. He has smoked for most of his life and has stopped- for good. If he lives past the 6 months they gave he said he's going back to work. I don't know much about it, as uncle Mike and his wife, my new aunt. live 5 miles out of the twin cites on a 5 ancre wooded lot, they get lots of wildlife and have a bunch of pets. My mom told me with cancer drugs it could be 1, 2 or even 3 years before he dies and that the will to live is very strong... we visited him and his wife for the holidays strangely he sees very apt to beat this and for all the world acts like its only a bad cold or flu. I haven't known him for long, have only really seen him 2 times.

I was wondering if there's anything I could tell mom to pass along to his wife in the vain hope of helping him. I know lung cancer is VERY serious alone and so is brain cancer alone, and everyone in his family is very sad, I love how Mike isn't getting upset or depressed ( at least when we visited him)

Diets? treatments? Meds? is there anything I can give? He's on meds right now but... i'm not sure which ones.

I guess I should be grateful I haven't known him long enough to get attached and if its one thing it teaches is not to smoke, i don't and never will either, Autism is enough for me.- For christmas I got his wife a gift packet of MN wild rice, chocolate and some exotic teas.

thank you for your time.

Comments (8)

Sponsored