SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

Gallbladder surgery complication?

imamommy
16 years ago

Several years ago, I was in a minor car accident and Xrays showed I had a gallstone. I was asympomatic but my doctor sent me to a surgeon. My gallbladder was removed laproscopically. About two weeks later, I started having a pain in my abdomen, just below the breastbone and between the ribs. It burns for a few minutes and radiates up into my chest and shoulders.

I went to a gastroenterologist that sent me for endoscopy but found nothing. I was then sent for ERCP w/contrast, which is where they send a scope down my throat & inject dye into the pancreas, as they thought the problem was a valve not closing. The test showed no abnormalities but I developed pancreatitis and hospitalized (I almost died) for 11 days and took over a month to recover from. So, I decided to not continue to look for a diagnosis.

I still get the pain from time to time and was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this? Sometimes it's a mild burning sensation but other times, excruciating and there's nothing that can be done. My DH feels helpless as I writhe in pain, crying and sometimes screaming. It only lasts a few minutes but when it's happening, it feels like forever.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath