Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arthritis as a result of hip dysplasia

Posted by maria_2007 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 2, 07 at 18:10

My sister has dysplasia of both hip joints, and I read that as result of that one can develop arthritis.There is no cartilage and lubricant. She has very stiff hip joints and a lot of burning pain in her knees.She lives in very cold climate,and her pain is very severe when the weather is changing and especially in winter.
Can the phosoplex rebuild the cartilage or lubricate the joints since she has it as result of dysplasia( the hip joints are not developed normaly)? Is there a surgery her only option? Why it is so much worse when the weather is changing?
Thank you very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arthritis as a result of hip dysplasia

I'm not familiar with Phosoplex, but I've heard that taking glucosamine and chondroitin will help with joint lubrication. If this is a joint formation abnormality, surgery may be needed in addition to medications or supplements. I'm not familiar enough with this condition in humans to speak intelligently about it, though.
Mrs H

o
RE: Arthritis as a result of hip dysplasia

Hello Maria,

There so many options other than surgery to treat hip dysplasia. One thing in particular is regenerative medicine. It has changed how orthopedics treat diseases. It is non-invasive and only consists of administration of platelet rich plasma to the affected joints and healing takes days to weeks. It is really exciting and highly effective.

visit the link below to know more. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: regenerative medicine orthopedics

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here