Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blowing my nose all day...silly question...

Posted by ashli (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 27, 08 at 17:22

Why?...I guess I've been blowing my nose often for at least a year...but I don't know why. I don't have an allergy?...I don't have a runny nose, just feels full often... I don't have watery eyes, no other symptoms of sinus, if it is sinus, no headaches at all and no colds. No fever. Doesn't matter the season.I am a chain-smoker...I cough, then usually have to blow my nose.
(No, haven't seen a doctor)...Could there be a connection, somehow, to cigarettes and my having to blow my nose?...
(Never heard of it)
It's annoying, but other than that, I feel fine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blowing my nose all day...silly question...

Of course I would encourage you to stop smoking.
But have you ever tried a saline nasal rinse? I make my own, since I hate tasting the preservatives in the otc ones.
Mix 1 cup boiled, cooled water with 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp salt (without additives). I actually use the spray bottle from the otc stuff, since its easy to use.
Try spraying your nostrils 4-5 times a day, and see if it feels better.
Change the solution every week or so, but clean out the bottle with a little bleach water. Good luck.

o
RE: Blowing my nose all day...silly question...

I was just diagnoised with emphysema last year and one of the side effects is a runny nose. Not everyone has this symptom, but it's worth checking into. Sometimes my nose starts running like a turned on faucet, just clear water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here