Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
eye question

Posted by vacuumfreak (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 9, 07 at 17:11

Lately, I've been seeing glares even in the daylight. I've always been senstitive to sunlight, but this problem is upsetting me. Just wondering if you can give me an idea as to what I should research before going to the eye doctor. Even in full daylight my cell phone charging light, candles, and even overhead lights will glare. I've never had to wear glasses or contacts. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eye question

Maybe you should research Photophobia. It basically means that you have a sensitivity or intolerance to light.

o

You're turning into a vampire...sorry,it was a joke.
I have the same problem and so does my husband.Dont think there is much that can be done for it.

o

Hi vacuumfreak,
When you say "glare", do you mean you are just really sensitive to the light? Or are you seeing reflections?
Are you on any medications that might make you light-sensitive?
Sometimes when I drink caffeine I can be much more light-sensitive than usual.
Are you at an age where your body might be changing a bit?
Do you have migraines/headaches?
I sort of vary quite a bit in how light sensitive I am from day to day. Let us know what your eye doc says about it. (It is an opthamologist that you'll be seeing, right?)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here