Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vit D3

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 4, 11 at 16:44

I guess I am behind the times now that I don't work anymore... just about a year ago I went to a new endocronologist and had a D3 drawn along with my thyroids. He kept saying my tsh lab result was too low (meaning too high), and also I had a D3 of 11. I don't remember having a D3 drawn before- or at least for many years...
I went on 50,000 three times a week for 6 weeks- had a repeat which was higher, but not high enough- did another 50,000 for 6 weeks 2 more times, then on 10,000/day for several months. It is now 72.
By the way, I am an 'outdoorsy' kind of person who is outside for hours at a time.
Anyway, about August/September I realized one day just how much better I felt- my mind wasn't as 'up and down', I seemed to be interested in things, and liked to do little chores around the house. It did nothing about the pain I have had for several years from breaking my neck in several places and my back- that pain was still there just as bad as before.
Now, my neighbor found out about 6 months ago she was also not storing/making any D3- she went through the same regiment I did. She just said recently how Good she feels too!
I have been trying to read more legitamant articles about D3, but it certainly seems to have helped me and my neighbor- there must be something to it!
If anyone else has had any experiences with it, would you please share?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vit D3

"I have been trying to read more legitimate articles about D3, but it certainly seems to have helped me and my neighbor- there must be something to it!
If anyone else has had any experiences with it, would you please share?"

I don't know how 'legitimate' others will think this source is, but I enjoy reading Dr. Mercola's articles and have been taking additional Vit D ever since.

A link that might be useful:
www.mercola.com/article/vitamin-d-resources.htm

o
RE: vit D3

Thanks- will read the article- since I originally posted I have talked to 2 more people who have had good results- makes you wonder what else we are too low in...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here