SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooey_gw

Seeing 'changes' in friend...

sooey
17 years ago

Hi Kids,

I have no idea where to start with this problem so as always, I have come to THS. Can anyone give me direction or advice with this?

I am seeing some changes in a very dear friend of mine. She is 59, has always been very active, tap dances twice a week, in the gym 4 mornings a week. In the past, her work outs have been VERY high energy, I have not been with her in the gym recently so I can not say if the intensity of her work outs have changed.

What I have seen and what worries me is, she is walking slower, not standing up straight, eating slowly, as in, it takes her a long time to get the fork from the plate to her mouth. I have even noticed that when she is eating, she is bending over to be closer to the plate. I watched her eat this past Friday night and her right hand, which she was eating with, was almost at rest on her plate, in her food, between bites.

This is in no way normal for this women. I first noticed that she was eating slowly back in September...I mentioned it to my husband but we both decided that it must have been my imagination.

Now, I'm sure it is not my imagination. It's almost like she has had a mild stroke that has effected her entire body equally...I don't think that's possible. Or, could it be Arthritis?...she does not complain about pain. Ostioperosis? Is there some type of neuropathy that could cause this? I have only the smallest knowledge of neuropathy...don't even think I have spelled it correctly, but it's the only thing I can come up with...I'm at a loss. Can anyone give me some direction on this? I know I need to talk with her about it and get her to a Dr...but what do I say? How do I discribe it? Where can I look for info? I have noticed no cognitive change in her, her speech is fine, her strenght seems to be good and the same on both sides.

So, that's it. I want to address this with her, I am worried about what I am seeing...but, what am I seeing? I know this is not much for you to go on...and I hope I'm wrong about all of it :(

Thanks, Kids.

Sooey

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts