SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sconsinkid

Right side chest pain only at night when sleeping

SconsinKid
13 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I've done some research, and have found others with some similarities to my condition, but not exactly, so I'm posting here hoping for some answers.

I'm 43, excellent health, athletic male. I don't smoke, but I do like beer and wine. Recent exam showed excellent cholesterol levels, good glucose, and mildly elevated blood pressure (but was under stress that day, and has since gone down). Over the past year or 2 I've been experiencing a burning/aching pain under my right nipple about an inch toward my armpit, either in or under my rib muscles. The pain will come at night when I'm in bed, sometimes wakes me up, sometimes comes on when I wake up to roll over to my other side. It can last anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours, and can come as often as couple times a week, or only every couple of months. There also may be some pain under my right shoulder blade, but the chest pain really gets my attention. It usually goes away after a few minutes of sitting on the edge of the bed, but last night I paced the living room for 2 hours before it subsided. It really feels like I should be able to stretch and get rid of it, or like something should pop and it will be gone. I've taken antacid, tylenol, and ibuprofen, and tried massage, stretching, and deep breathing. Nothing really makes it better, but it will get worse if I lay back down before it goes away. My father has a history of pulmonary embolism, and he smoked when he was in his 20's, and welded at his work. (So, I don't have his environmental factors, only genetic). If anyone knows of a cause for this, I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Comments (3)

Sponsored