SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bug_girl

HMO wont allow skin test for Allergy shots

bug_girl
16 years ago

I have terrible allergies to cats, dogs, dust, and some pollens. I wanted to try allergy shots, but they wonÂt allow me to do the skin testing until I can come off of Zyrtec, and the other things I take for my allergies. If I could survive without antihistamines for a month, I would not even consider taking allergy shots.

This is a vicious cycle. I canÂt come off my allergy medications, so I canÂt take the skin tests, so I canÂt take the allergy shots, so I canÂt get better. I donÂt understand why I canÂt take the skin test anyway, because the zyrtec does not get rid of all my symptoms, so there would still be a reaction to cats, dogs and dust. That is all I really need shots for those are the big three. I already know I am allergic to them.

I have both cats and dogs as pets, I try to avoid dust when possible, but even before I had cats and dogs as pets, I was still hooked on antihistamines, and could not sleep without them. If I am having a running nose, and watery eyes, and terrible itching on my face, and eyes, it really interferes with getting a good nightÂs sleep.

I can see no point in giving up my pets when I would still have allergies no matter what. I can't live in plastic bubble for a month. I have to live in the world. As I am past 40 each year my allergies become a little worse. I don't know what I can do now.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH