Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mouth problems

Posted by ms_minnamouse (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 7, 08 at 14:27

I don't know what's going on but my mouth is all... weird.

I'm not suffering from dry mouth but my mouth is kind of... it's hard to explain, not fresh? It just feels really hot and kind of sticky. Even after I brushed my teeth my breath is terrible. And it's not going away. I used mouthwash, the kind with alcohol, I used one without alcohol that's for dry mouth, I used hydrogen peroxide but none have helped. I flossed and scraped my tongue but nothing has made any difference.

I haven't eaten anything unusual that I've never had before and I always drink plenty of water. I'm not on any new meds.

Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mouth problems

I forgot, there's a kind of bad taste. Like I can taste really bad breath.

o

Could you be pregnant?

Do you/have you had recently a sinus cold or stomach problems?

Do you know what tonsil stones are? Look in the back of your throat with a flashlight... do you see any small whitish balls?

o

when was the last time you saw your dentist?
Could be the beginnings of periodontal disease.
Could be low level tooth or gum infection going on.

You need to see your dentist to find out what your problem is.

o

Thanks guys! It's gone. I guess it was just one of those weird things.

o

Ms minnamouse.......what meds are you on? I had problems with dry mouth/yeast/hairy tongue for several years. When I finally got off my beta blocker, it all went away and I once again have a healthy mouth. Not one of my docs ever questioned the effects that the beta blocker might have on my dry/weird mouth symptoms. Its so good to have spit back!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here