Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Indigestion solved... I think

Posted by EmmaR (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 14, 13 at 13:39

I have had indigestion since childhood, starting out minor and slowly getting worse over the years. It is so bad now that I can't go for walks after I eat a meal. My neighbor said she can't drink reg milk because of gas so she drinks Lactoid which is a brand of lactose free milk at our local grocery and it works. For the last 3 weeks I have had no problem at all. Unbelievable, after all of these years, I can eat and be comfortable. If you are wondering what it tastes like, I asked her before I tried it, her reply was "milk". LOL Anyway just wanted to post my experience in case anyone here as suffered with indigestion as I have.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Indigestion solved... I think

Can you digest processed milk products such as cheese and ice cream? Some can digest one form but not another.

Congrats on finding some relief.

o

Yes I can, but I don't eat it in such a concentrated form as I do in cereals and a glass of milk. I first started wondering about this when I have lunch at 11 AM, with no ill effects. Then have a bowl of cereal around 6 PM. I knew it had to be the bran or the milk because of the indigestion that followed that. I am glad it was the milk because I am a cereal and bread lover. I can also drink coffee with a meal, but not on an empty stomach like most people can. I drink instant Kava because it is suppose to be acid neutralized ???, but also because I don't get it as hot as you would with a coffee pot. The hotter the coffee the more acid released. The bonus with lactose free milk is that it lasts longer in the fridge.

o

Good for you!
I'm blowing sometimes and don't know from where it comes from. I can drink milk but not too much. Many of us, around 20%. are lactose intolerant.

Then I was reading this the other day ....
Some good info. from ET
[conversation between Billy and ET Ptaah]

Ptaah:
Lactose intolerance is not harmless and must be taken seriously. Lactose intolerance is an adverse reaction to lactose, which occurs when the small intestine does not produce enough of the digestive enzyme lactase. Fortunately, not everyone who is subject to lactose intolerance suffers from lactose intolerance to the same extent with this milk sugar intolerance. But for people who do suffer from it, there are definitely possibilities for eating balanced diets with no reductions in milk and milk products, consequently, lactose intolerance does not mean that milk should be eliminated thoroughly and completely.

Milk contains milk sugar, which is lactose, whereby approximately 20% of the European population is lactose intolerant and lactose is hard to digest for them. If, despite that, these human beings still enjoy milk, and then take on typical symptoms of lactose intolerance, which manifest themselves by various symptoms, for example, abdominal pain, bloating or diarrhoea, and so forth, whereby actually also strong health-impairing disease could be caused. Naturally, with every person the tolerance limit for drinking milk can be very different, as is the case also with regard to indigestion.

For understanding, it must be said that lactose intolerance, that is to say, milk sugar intolerance, has nothing to do with a milk allergy, which is different in nature and that is based on a cow’s milk protein allergy. Consequently, make sure that these two factors are not confused. A milk allergy is based upon a reaction of the immune system which negatively reacts to certain parts of the protein in cow’s milk.

Naturally, there are also dairy foods that are free of lactose, such as the following cheeses: Emmentaler, Gruyère and Sbrinz. On the Internet and in nutrition journals can be found a large number of foods that are free of lactose.

Milk and milk products contain very valuable nutrients and belong, for the majority of people, among the most important staple foods. Lactose intolerance sufferers do not have to extensively go without this nutrient supplier, because they can still fall back on milk and milk products if they comply with their personal tolerance level, whether only a little or no lactose is present.

Billy:
How can one buying food, for example, recognise whether a product contains a lot of trans fats?

Ptaah:
If a product contains a lot of fat and has a long shelf life, then that is, as a rule, a sign that many trans fats are included.
Billy
Therefore, the HDL cholesterol is good and protects the arteries from the damaging LDL cholesterol. This LDL cholesterol thus increasingly accumulates within the blood vessels and thus leads to hardening of the arteries, that is to say, arteriosclerosis. And if this is furthered early, then this thereby increases the risk of heart attack and stroke.

Ptaah:
It can also greatly impair the health of pregnant women, leading to miscarriages and stillbirths, as well leading to damaging the health of the baby. But basically all human beings are at risk, but especially those prone to atherosclerosis; but also human beings who have a high risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, allergies, and so forth.

Ptaah:
Right, because an especially great danger exists for them, because due to poor nutrition they succumb to obesity, indeed, especially through partially or fully saturated fatty acids and also in relation to the consciousness, as concentration becomes impaired. They become overweight and also have problems with concentration related to consciousness. As an example: a 5 to 6 year old child should not consume more than 1.5 grams of trans fats a day. But if that child ate a slice of bread for breakfast with some margarine and ate a portion of cottage cheese before lunch, then consumed chips and a donut and in the afternoon consumed half a package of chocolate biscuits and in the evening consumed processed vanilla pudding, he has already ingested the insane amount of 6.5 grams of trans fatty acids.
Billy:
What is actually to be understood regarding partly or wholly solidified [hydrogenated] fats, that is to say, trans fats?

Ptaah:
The fats are artificially added in the state of so-called hardening [curing]. In other words, this means that the fats are artificially hardened, whereby the fats are obtained, through a chemical intervention, from plant and fish oils. Basically, the fatty acids occur in the food according to their chemical structure, split into the two groups, being saturated and unsaturated fatty acids. The chemically treated, and therefore saturated, fatty acids can be divided into short, medium and long chains, while the unsaturated fatty acids are referred to as monounsaturated or polyunsaturated.
Billy:
And why are they cured? I do not understand, when the hardened trans fats are indeed so damaging to health.

Ptaah:
The matter is quite simple, because, by means of the so-called hardening of fats, the corresponding foods last much longer and do not go rancid. In addition, trans fats are cheap, which has great profitable benefits for the manufacturer. But for the human beings who eat these trans fats, the whole thing is very bad, because of all the fats, it is these which evoke the most health damage in human beings. But there are trans fats in nature, for example, in ruminants, and for example, in the fat from cattle, for which the trans-fatty acids are formed by bacteria in the rumen. Also, calves, sheep and goats, and so forth, are biochemically natural trans fatty acid producers, whereby these trans fatty acids are of an entirely different nature and are absolutely harmless to health.

Billy:
But Sfath, your father, said that both saturated and unsaturated fatty acids from plants and animals are necessary for human nutrition. Saturated and unsaturated fatty acids are throughout our food. He also spoke of butter and lactic acid, which are very valuable if the human beings have the necessary enzyme production for these foods.

Ptaah:
That is right, but with high-fat foods and their enjoyment, a healthy amount is always a requirement. However, in a healthy diet, both saturated and unsaturated vegetable and animal fats are permitted. A unique feature of animal products is the milk fat, because this has an unusually rich spectrum of very valuable fatty acids, for which reason its composition is quite ideal, whereby, however, its compatibility should be considered, since in certain people the necessary corresponding enzyme production is lacking, in order to make milk and milk products tolerable. If this enzyme production is deficient, then milk and milk products are not recommended and, under certain circumstances, may be very harmful to health.

Billy:
And which fats can now be described as healthier, it is vegetable or animal?
Ptaah:
Vegetable fats are the most valuable because they contain more unsaturated fatty acids, while animal fats exhibit more saturated. The origin of the fat is therefore decisive, whereby, however, all edible fats contain saturated and unsaturated fatty acids. The highest quality fats are contained in natural butter and cold-pressed vegetable oils such as rapeseed [canola] and in nuts.
Ptaah:
For many human beings, children and adults, milk and dairy products are more or less harmful to health, but this cannot be generalised. The harmfulness only applies to human beings whose enzyme production, in relation to their ability to digest milk and dairy products, is more or less deficient or even completely absent.

Billy:
We have already once spoken about milk and dairy products being harmful, indeed, especially from cows, but you have given no further explanation about it. Quetzal and I also had a conversation once in this regard. Therefore, the matter looks somewhat different if the enzyme production necessary for digestion is absent or lacking.

Ptaah:
Yes, we talked about it, but it is a long time ago. In fact, we did not addressed enzyme production in relation to the compatibility of milk and milk products.(See the 216th contact conversation of March 16th, 1987, sentence 127; the 217th contact conversation of May 8th, 1987, from sentence 30, the 401st contact conversation of April 24th, 2001, from sentence 60, the 326th contact conversation of April 15th, 2002, from sentence 56, the 447th contact conversation on 20 April 2007, from sentence 38.)

Billy:
That only vegetable fats are healthy, especially since many of these contain unsaturated fatty acids �" therefore that is not quite so.

Ptaah:
That is really not quite so. For example, despite their vegetable origins, coconut butter and palm oil contain the most saturated fat of all foods. Therefore, vegetable fats cannot simply be regarded as healthy, because there are also various saturated fats among these.
Billy:
But milk fat contains many healthy fatty acids, consequently, it is healthy. Where are all the places it occurs?

Ptaah:
It primarily occurs in milk and butter, as well as in cheese and other milk products. Milk fat is a very special fat, because, in its composition, it is similar to neither vegetable oils or animal fats. Overall, milk fat contains practically all saturated, unsaturated, short, medium, and long-chain fatty acids. In total, there are over 400 different types of fatty acid, in a way that no other food exhibits. With this rich diversity of fatty acids, milk fat is ideally tailored to human requirements. Some fatty acids have an especially positive effect with regard to health. For example, the short-chain butyric acid, which is found almost exclusively in milk fat, has big anti-cancer effects, in particular the risk of colon cancer and breast cancer is reduced. Milk fat also means no cholesterol danger. On the other hand, it lowers the risk of heart attack. The saturated fatty acids in milk have very diverse effects on cholesterol levels, whereby, however, seen as a whole, they have no elevating effect on the state of the level of cholesterol.

Billy:
Thanks for your important explanations.

From this link below, scroll down about half way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Health

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here