Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
health insurance

Posted by avakosiba (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 2, 07 at 13:31

I live in Indiana and I am looking at different health insurance policies for my family. We are expecting a new baby in a few days, so the policy would be for me, my husband, our 4 year old son, and a new baby. Currently I have a single plan through work that is free which will cover the baby for one month, but it will expire at at the end of April because of the length of time I am taking off. My son and husband have individual plans through Anthem BCBS, but I don't think it will be cost effective to add another single plan for the baby. I have researched and I am pulling my hair out. I need the policy to have a reasonable monthly payment, cover well baby checks, maternity (for the next baby), have a deductable of $500-$2000, and good overall benefits. There are so many companies to choose from. Is there anyone out there that has been satisfied with their family insurance plan in Indiana and has a similar plan to what I am looking for?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: health insurance

I'm not in Indiana, but check out Golen Rule and Blue Cross/ Blue Shield if they are available in your area. I've had positive experiences with both in the past.
Mrs H

o
RE: health insurance

Try TIME LIFE out of Wisconsin. Years ago they were the only one who would write a Major Medical to an individual family that I ever heard of. They had some with lessor coverage if the premium was not right for a person. Luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here