SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zoewolf

Intermittent Cyclical Cystitis????

zoewolf
16 years ago

I am clueless as to what this might be. The earliest my OB/GYN can see me is on Jan 29th, so I am hoping that someone can shed some light on my condition ASAP.

At approximately 7:00 pm on New Years Eve, I had a sudden onset of acute pain in my lower left pelvis area. I was literally doubled over in pain every few minutes. I figured it was an ovarian cyst as I used to be prone to getting them when I was younger (I am 53 now). I took many NorcoÂs and the pain subsided. However, now my real problem is that I feel as if I have a bladder infection -- kind of. And it appears to be cyclical, returning during late afternoon or night, but it does NOT hurt when I pee (as a normal bladder infection does) it simply feels like I have something pressing on my bladder. Some days are more painful than others and some days there is no pain at all.

I was recently hospitalized for necrotizing fasciitis (it was caught early and I still have all my body parts) and received massive amounts of antibiotics both intravenously and orally once I returned home. I definitely was good/bad bacteria free when this severe pelvic pain occurred and consequent cystitis? I have no other symptoms except for the intermittent pressure/pain.

Any ideas?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts