SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

Female sterilization question

jamie_mt
19 years ago

How's that for a cold, clinical term? ;-)

Anyways, I have a question - I know it's personal, so please feel free to email me if you'd rather (or ignore it, of course, if this offends you in any way - it's not intentional).

I'm seriously considering having a tubal done later this year. I can't take the pill (bad migraines whenever I've tried), and DH is leery of a vasectomy (men), so that seems like the wisest option at this point. However, there's one thing that makes me pretty nervous about it - stories I've read/heard about women who claim to notice hormonal and/or personality changes after getting a tubal done. I know that medically it shouldn't make a difference, but there are stories of women who say it really does, so I'm doing a little research before I decide one way or the other.

So I'm kind of trying to get a sampling of women who have been sterilized - whether or not they have noticed any adverse hormonal or personality changes in themselves after being sterilized. Would anyone here who has gotten a tubal care to comment on whether they feel that the procedure has effected their hormones in any way, or if their personality has changed dramatically (gotten more emotional, that sort of thing)? Like I said, you can email me if you feel it's too personal to discuss online (jamieATfullerDOTnet), but I really would appreciate any comments about the procedure - positive or negative, so I can make an informed decision about whether or not it's right for me.

Thanks in advance! :-)

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor